Water is an essential requirement of life but it can be hazardous for a home. Residents down south know all to well that water can cause a lot of damage in unwanted places. It ruins the property and priceless possessions and the home as well. The bursting of the pipes due to excessive winter and the flooded basements due to rains are other causes of the water damage and left unchecked for any given amount of time can raise the need for a mold remediation Miami team to come handle your problem for you.
Common causes of water damage that may affect your home and the ways to handle them are listed below:
· Toilet leakages– It damages the floor and walls of the house. The leaky toilets must be noticed as early as possible and must be fixed with the help of plumber.
· Leakage due to pressure inside the Washing machines– The water fills inside the washing machine very quickly due to the water supply line under continuous pressure. After a long use, the PVC lines break and it fills the laundry part with a lot of water inside the washing machine. The water lines must be replaced by the stainless steel pipelines to avoid breakage of the water supply lines.
· Leakages in Air Conditioners– The function of the AC is to soak the humidity from the room and the condensation of water travels out through the overflow panel of the AC unit. When the panel is damaged or the water supply outlet ruptures or clogs, the functioning of the drainage system stops. This results in the moist insulation and the ceilings of the house. It must be examined from time to time by the service providers and should be maintained timely to avoid such damage.
· Leakage in Geysers– The drain valves or the water inlet or outlet lines of the Geysers may sometimes start leaking and moistens the walls and ceilings. The reason of leakage may be condensation of water. It must be examined from time to time and the faults should be immediately checked by the expert mechanics to make sure there is no need for any mold removal services.
· Bursting of pipelines due to excessive cold temperature– The water pipelines burst in excess winter due to the freezing of the water inside the pipelines. It causes moistening in the house from floors to the ceilings. You should always check and insulate the pipelines before the arrival of winter.
· Drains Clogging– The outlet of the water is clogged sometimes due to the unnecessary solid wastes or residuals settling inside the pipelines. The clogged drains causes stinky smells in the tubs, kitchen sinks etc. The solution to this problem is DIY solutions which range from drain snakes to air blasters which should be used immediately to prevent water from flooding inside the house.
· Blocked Sewer lines– The main cause of the blockage of the sewer lines is the settling down of the waste material inside the line or it may be due to the heavy rainfall. It is highly contagious also and spread several diseases. It should always be handled carefully by the expert professionals.
These above mentioned causes and the tips to handle these water damages in the house can make things easier to be handled in the house.